Local patients who must go to our hand specialist’s offices in West Bloomfield, Howell, Warren, or Macomb Township may have some concerns regarding coronavirus risks. Let us reassure you, however, that we are taking many COVID-19 prevention measures to help keep our patients, our staff, and our families safe.
Safety precautions that we have implemented or enhanced include:
- Social distancing in shared areas
- Use of additional personal protective equipment
- Requesting that patients wear masks in shared areas
- Asking patients to avoid bringing people with them unless necessary for transportation or communication
- Taking patients’ temperatures upon entry
- Increased sanitization and cleaning of equipment, chairs, and tables
- Making hand sanitizer available for patients’ use
- Assessing patients’ health prior to entry
The number of coronavirus cases in Michigan has been higher over the past several weeks than they ever have been, so it’s essential for all of us to do our part to keep each other healthy. Wear your masks when you are in public places, stay home when you can, wash your hands frequently, and stay at least 6 feet away from others.
If you are showing symptoms of the coronavirus, stay home, quarantine yourself, and keep your distance from people within your own household.
We are learning more and more about the novel virus as time progresses, including signs of the virus. COVID-19 symptoms may appear 2 to 14 days after exposure to the virus, and the most common symptoms include:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Seek emergency medical care if you or someone you know has:
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion
- Inability to wake or stay awake
- Bluish lips or face
Contact one of our offices for more information about our COVID-19 prevention measures.