If you are looking for a hand surgeon in Howell, you may feel somewhat overwhelmed.
Where do I begin? Should I look for a hand specialist, or will a general practitioner be better? Do all hand doctors offer the same services? Is my condition even about my hands, or is it something else?
Finding a Hand Surgeon in Howell
Answering these questions is the key to finding the right local hand specialist for you. Although each patient and every case is different, following are several tips to help you find the best hand doctor to diagnose and treat your particular condition.
Do I need a hand specialist, or would a general doctor be able to help?
You can certainly go to your general practitioner to discuss your conditions. However, if your symptoms truly stem from your hands, wrists, elbows, or elsewhere in your arm, you may be referred to a hand specialist. A hand specialist will then be able to:
- More thoroughly and precisely diagnose your condition
- Identify the source of your concerns even if they are not directly related to your hands or arms
- Use more modern and advanced technology made specifically for hand, wrist, or shoulder conditions
- Employ remedies made especially for these conditions
- Facilitate a more optimal recovery through surgical expertise, hand therapy, and other solutions
Are all hand doctors the same?
Hand doctors may provide similar services, but it’s important to look for a hand surgeon in the Howell area with many years of experience. An experienced specialist will likely offer more comprehensive services and be able to more easily identify sources of your problems in order to diagnose your condition. Experience is also the key for efficiency, better results, and optimal recovery.
How do I find the right hand surgeon near me?
Do your research not only online, but by using good, old-fashioned word-of-mouth. Talk to people you know who have been treated by a hand doctor to see if they would recommend that doctor. When you do have these discussions, remember to ask your friend or family member the following:
- How efficient were the services? Were they able to see you quickly?
- Was the office staff welcoming and attentive?
- Did the doctor greet you with professionalism?
- Did the doctor take the time to answer all of your questions?
- Did you feel like the doctor truly cared about you as a person?
- Do they have modern equipment and technology, and do they seem to keep up to date with modern trends in the industry to ensure their patients get the best services?
- Was there a hand therapist on staff?
- How do you feel now? Did you recover?
- Did you have surgery? Can you tell me about what happened before and after the surgery?
- Have you had follow-up appointments? Do you visit them regularly? Do you find these appointments beneficial?
In addition to speaking with people who may have visited a hand doctor recently, take some time to do your research online. Review doctors’ websites and read the online reviews.
Reviews can be a very powerful tool, but as you are reviewing them, remember this basic fact about statistics: The more reviews there are, the more accurate they’re likely to be. Don’t let one or two negative reviews sway you when there are dozens of very positive reviews. On the other hand, if you do see a trend of too many similar negative reviews, that may warrant further scrutiny. Finally, gauge what really matters to you as you read the reviews.
Can the doctor treat my specific condition?
Clearly, that’s going to be the most important factor in finding the best hand surgeon in Howell for you. Review the websites or call the offices to find out if they can treat your particular condition.
Is the doctor’s office nearby?
Although it’s not always the most important aspect, convenience is definitely important too, especially if you are undergoing surgery and need someone else to drive you to and from the doctor’s office.
Get to Know Arora Hand Surgery
Once you analyze all of the above factors, we have no doubt that Arora Hand Surgery will be at the top of your list. Dr. Avery Arora, Physician Assistant Ashley, and Occupational Certified Hand Therapist Lodia work together as a comprehensive team to restore and enhance patients’ hand functionality and overall quality of life. With extensive expertise in treating hand, wrist, and elbow conditions, Dr. Arora is recognized as a leading hand surgeon in Howell.
If you need a hand specialist, make an appointment today to see the Arora Hand Surgery team in Howell or one of our three other locations in metro Detroit.